King of India – Map Pool

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Wildling_ 89 Wildling_89 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Roggan Wololo
    Roggan Wololo

The map pool for KoI is ready. You can download it here.

07.05.2019: Updated version of the map pack has been released. There are no changes to the maps, only credits to the original map makers have been added. Players are required to download the updated version. It can be found here. Updated_Map Pack. Click here

09.05.2019: KoI_Arabia has been updated to KoI_Arabia_v2. Ponds have been removed and the map no longer generates the grass terrain. The updated version can be downloaded now KoI_Arabia_v2

Edit:
    KoI_Chittorgarh has been updated. However, please note that players must select regicide mode while playing the map now.
    The updated version can be found here.
    Please note that the map pack still contains the older version, since the newer version requires regicide mode selected. Map pack will not be used in tournament, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

Following are the maps included and their descriptions:

KoI_Arabia: Everyone’s favourite map Arabia. Players start with a sheep in their control and size of the ponds in the desert versions have been reduced.

KoI_Acropolis: Players start on hills with small patches of wood. Players will have to come off their hills to gain access to good wood lines. Players start with a sheep in their control.

KoI_Arena: Everyone’s second favourite map Arena. Players start inside stone walls (900hp till castle age). Players start with a sheep in their control. All players spawn with 3 deer. Deer and boars spawn inside the walls. Extra resources (2 3-tile golds and 1 3-tile stone for a 2-player map) and relics spawn outside the walls.

KoI_Chittorgarh_v2.0: The map Regicide Fortress has been renamed to this. Wood lines are distributed more fairly. Please note that you have to select the Regicide option while playing this map.

KoI_Cross: Lakes with lots of fish spawn at every corner of the map. Players start with a sheep under their control.

KoI_El_Dorado: Players start with 2 fish close to their TC to provide fast food income. Farms cannot be built around the TC. Players have very little gold and stone close to their bases. The centre of the map is rich with gold and stone and is visible to all players at all times. Players start with a sheep under their control.

KoI_Gangotri: The map Scandinavia has been renamed to this. Players start with extra hunt near their bases, but no forage bush. A river with some fish is present on opposite edges of the map. Players start with a sheep under their control.

KoI_Hideout: Players start on opposite sides of a forest, with weakly-fortified bases. Players start with a sheep under their control.

KoI_Kashmir_Valley: The map valley has been renamed to this. Players start on opposite sides of a dried river with a few shore fish and lot of deer around the river. Players start with a sheep under their control.

KoI_Land_Madness: Patches of wood are surrounded by thin lines of ice, where buildings cannot be placed. Thus, players cannot wall their bases entirely. Gold, stone and berries are scattered in small clusters uniformly across the map. Players start with a sheep under their control.

KoI_Prairie: Players start with 2 scouting units on a flat, open terrain. Wood is less dense. Players have access to one boar and a few deer next to their bases. One or more patches with a lot of hunt can be found on the map, further away from players’ bases. Players start with a sheep under their control.

KoI_Rehydration: Players start with a camel instead of a scouting unit. The edges of the map are dense with box turtles from which food can be gathered. Players start with a goat under their control.

KoI_Western_Ghats: The map Coast_to_Mountain has been renamed to this. Players start without a town center on flat land. The flat land is flanked by dense forest and hills on one side and sea on the other. Some fish can be found in the sea. The flat land is rich with hunt spread across.

KoI_Map_Pack: Generates a map randomly from the above 13 maps in the map pool.

The maps were modified from their original versions, which were released as a part of the DemEyesRed Arena Cup, Escape Champions League, Hidden Cup 2 and Nili’s Apartment Cup 2 map packs. I would like to thank the original creators of the maps – HenkDeSuperNerd, RoechelRoechen, AlgernonR, Chrazini, TriRem and the ECL map team.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Roggan Wololo Roggan Wololo.
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Roggan Wololo Roggan Wololo.
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Wildling_ 89 Wildling_89.
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Wildling_ 89 Wildling_89.
    Roggan Wololo
    Roggan Wololo

The map pool has been released! Players are requested to familiarise themselves with the maps. Players are also requested to give feedback regarding any bugs in the maps. Please include screenshots for the same.

Arnab Chakraborty
    Arnab Chakraborty
    Participant

Comments about KOI_Arabia:
    1. Too hilly
    2. Woodlines too far away
    Feels similar to NAC_Arabia… Maybe you could reduce max hill size like in HC2 or woodline standardization like in KOTD2.

Roggan Wololo
      Roggan Wololo

I created the KoI India map by modifying the standard Arabia map that is distributed with Age of Empires to keep it as original as possible. Only thing that has been changed is the size of the ponds in the desert generation of Arabia, and players start with a sheep, for which the map script was copied from NAC Arabia. The number/maximum elevation of hills has not been changed.

HC2 and KotD Arabia feel a little different than the standard version of Arabia. I want to stick to the original version for this tournament.

Arnab Chakraborty
      Arnab Chakraborty
      Participant

Agreed…randomness would add to the challenge… but it would also lead to extremely unfair maps(possibly) like in the old days… We’ve been playing 2v2 for the past two days and almost every player’s map has been unwallable.

Roggan Wololo
      Roggan Wololo

Will take a look at it once, if that is the case.

Roggan Wololo
      Roggan Wololo

I tested out quite a few generations of KoI_Arabia for a two player generation. I found that in the desert generation of the map, wood lines can be a bit further away from the TC, but I do not consider that as “unfair” since it was the case for both the players.
      Another thing that I found is that there can be hills in front of player’s bases more often than not. But since this was the case for both the players, I do not consider this as “unfair” either.

I will talk to the other signed up players and take their inputs on the map and make changes accordingly.

cskbluewolf Jey
      jeyadharan
      Participant

Assk pls restrain your reply in Q&A section so everyone can see your message later. In these thread usually map update from staff will be done and your queries or feedback will be deleted as part of clean up activity

Roggan Wololo
    Roggan Wololo

This thread is meant for map updates as well as feedback from the players. Please post the feedback here itself.

cskbluewolf Jey
      jeyadharan
      Participant

Thanks for clarification i was just worried post are getting deleted without been moving to right section.

P.S: Piece of tip restrict participants to post in other thread where they are not supposed to be. It’s little confusing since we participants are able to post on tournaments settings thread also .thanks

Arnab Chakraborty
    Arnab Chakraborty
    Participant

In regicide fortress, I got 3 farms while my opponent got 5.
    https://voobly.com/match/view/19752948

Roggan Wololo
    Roggan Wololo

KoI_Chittorgarh has been updated. However, please note that players must select regicide mode while playing the map now.
    The updated version can be found here.

Please note that the map pack still contains the older version, since the newer version requires regicide mode selected. Map pack will not be used in tournament, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

Wildling_ 89
    Wildling_89
    Keymaster

Updated version of the map pack has been released. There are no changes to the maps, only credits to the original map makers have been added. Players are required to download the updated version. It can be found here.

Updated_Map Pack. Click here

Wildling_ 89
    Wildling_89
    Keymaster

09.05.2019: KoI_Arabia has been updated to KoI_Arabia_v2. Ponds have been removed and the map no longer generates the grass terrain. The updated version can be downloaded now KoI_Arabia_v2

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Wildling_ 89 Wildling_89.

The forum ‘King Of India – India´s First National Cup’ is closed to new topics and replies.