ISP details for gameplay in Delhi

Home Forums General Discussion ISP details for gameplay in Delhi

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kunal KrishnaKunal Krishna
    Participant

My Voobly Thread

This thread is intended to find best ISP(Internet Service Provider) for playing AoC, particularly in Metros(Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata and Bangalore).

I live in Delhi and has subscribed to about Rs 800 pm Hathway broadband connection but I’m unable to play a smooth game even with Asian players. And cannot even possibly fathom to play EU players. They always demand “green ping” of <50ms. For long, I had played on WiFi. So, thought switching to Ethernet cable might help. But it only increased download/upload speed without reducing the ping. So, I am not happy with my current ISP and hope to switch to other ISP. Here’s my speed details

If you happen to be a frequent AOE player and who is satisfied with the speed/quality (i.e. internet connection breaks) of your ISP and able to play with tolerable lag then it would be of great service if you can share your Broadband Plans.

LOCATION | YOUR ISP NAME | PLAN COST | BANDWIDTH LIMIT | GAME EXPERIENCE WITH ASIAN PLAYERS

for ex mine is
    NEW DELHI | HATHWAY | 800 per month | 100Mbps unlimited | Laggy(Ping: 263ms Las Vegas)

DeepakDeepak
    Keymaster

How do you measure the ping? Voobly? SpeedTest? AWS/Azure/CDN?

Also, I’d assume a Live/Static IP internet would perform better. Since it won’t route your game traffic via Voobly FastProxy.

Participant

Ping is shown in Game Lobby itself : https://imgur.com/a/cIwkYXB
    However, you can also check at several ping checking site which also comes with option of choosing test server eg : https://www.meter.net/ping-test/

DeepakDeepak
    Keymaster

Great, that’ll help a lot to others testing their own internet connections.
    Though I’m not in Delhi, so I can’t suggest you any providers. But I can share details of mine.

Banaskantha, Gujarat | Self Hosted | – | 150 Mbps

I don’t play AoE2 HD, so can’t share the results. But the Voobly performance improved when I moved from NAT to a Static IP. The ping varied from 30ms for Indian players to 400-500ms for South American and European countries. But even after 400+ms ping, the game experience didn’t suffer much.

Ping results:
    1. From Ping Test of meter.net
    Ping Test - meter.net

2. SpeedTest.net Result

3. CloudPing.info Result:
    CloudPing Results

Participant

thats great speed…
    well I moved to voobly instead… after forwarding port the game runs just fine…
    Steam has some other issues … so almost impossible to play outside Asia.,,,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to top